Friday, June 19, 2009

My sweet baby boy

Oh, my sweet baby boy, your arrival is coming so close and your mommy is getting so anxious and excited to meet you! I have been "nesting" for weeks now and I think just about every nook and crany in our house has been cleaned out. We won't discuss the amount of trash bags I have gone through. I also got rid of all the old furniture in our room and refinished a dresser for us (distressed black) and one for Jacks ( navy blue). Your little white lamp table is next on my list. We reorganized yours' and Jackson's closets too and made shelves at the bottom for all your toys. Daddy painted your room and it looks fantasic! I have your bed set up with the linens on it, your rocking chair in the corner and all your clothes, bibs, burp rags ,etc.. washed and put away. I couldn't believe how emotional I was about going through Jackson's old things and how well I remembered where/from who everything came from. You have also gotten alot of new things that are just for you! We couln't let everything be hand-me-downs. LOL! Now, I'm just waiting to move the rest of your furniture in and hang your curtains and pictures. Then you will be complete and we can get started on Jackson's new big boy room.

I wasn't sure if I would have the same emotions with you as I had for Jackson, but I have. I catch myself needing everything to be perfect for you. I walk by your room and feel so at peace thinking about you! I could just sit in there for hours and dream about holding you and loving you. I have actually tried to spend alot of time with Jacks in there, so that he will get used to you and your room. I have such an overwhelming attachment with you and have had such a bittersweet emotion about you being born. I feel like this pregnancy has gone way too fast and that I haven't gotten to savor it as much as I need to. I felt the same way about Jacks and I just wish that I will always remember how wonderful it has felt to be pregnant with you both and feel you grow and move inside of me. You are both such miracles and I am so lucky that God chose me to bear and feel such unconditional love. I have loved being pregnant, aside from the aches and pains, and am still amazed by the movement you create. There's nothing more wonderful than feeling you move and watching you on ultrasound. I can't wait to meet you and see your beautiful face and get to know your sweet personality. We are on the count down-3 weeks and 1 day till your due date( and your Papa Butch's B-day)!

I want to make sure and remember the things people had done for us! I work with some of the most wonderful women you will ever meet. They are so strong, caring, sweet and giving. They are not only friends to me, but my second family. I think that they are just as excited about your arrival as we are and very, very upset about still calling you "No Name". LOL! I promise we're working on it! I think it's down to Brooks or Griffin. We better hurry b/c your moomy loves for things to be monogrammed and you have a stack building up. Well, the wonderful girls I work with have given me two showers. I competely didn't expect anything with this being my second pregnancy, but they wanted to do something special to celebrate your arrival and me getting to be a mommy again. One shower was a great dinner at Cantina Loradeo with:
Anna, Becca and Matt ( A gift card to Target)
Keri and Jamie (A bling,bling changing pad that holds diapers and wipes)
Kathy B. ( A teddy bear that moves all his extremities, like they ones your uncles and I had growing up)
Kristina and Tony ( diapers)
Laura ( A precious onsie and blue teddy bear)
and Candi.
The second was a surprise snack potluck at work with cute little cupcakes and dips. They even had cute little "It's a Boy!" napkins and blue plates.
More gifts we received were diapers from Kathy B. and Claire and diapers, wipes and wash from Andrea. I was very excited and overwhelmed that everyone did this for me this week. It just makes your arrival complete and official.

Last, but not least, I saw Dr. Simmons on tuesday and he said that everything looked good. I am measuring right on track, your heart rate was 147 as usual, my vital signs and weight were great and my cervix is closed and soft. We discussed my labor and delivery with Jackson and that yours should be a little shorter and easier. I was extremely anxious on the way to his office this morning (my hormones are really kicking in) and was glad to see him b/c he always makes me feel better. He is like a father figure and has such a way of putting me at ease and making me calm. I really hope that he is there to deliver you. Well, this post doesn't make up for the lack of previous posts, but it does tell you a little about how I'm feeling. I could go on forever, but I think i'll save it for aother day. I love you sweet boy! Mommy

1 comment:

Beth and Kevin said...

Oh Megan, love reading your blog! And am so excited about your upcoming arrival! Just wish we lived closer so that we could experience mommyhood together. I know what you mean about cherishing your pregnancy and how special it feels to have a little life growing inside - such bittersweet emotions, anxious for their arrival, but at the same time, sad to see it end so soon. And it doesn't get any easier with each one. Each is just as special as the one before. Just so excited for you, sweet friend - can't wait to see pictures of your new bundle of joy! Take care of yourself and keep in touch!