Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Boys will be boys....

OMG! There's is so much to write about. Life is so busy these days and it is so hard to post everything b/c I am trying to soak it all in. Let's start with Mr. Zachary. Oh my how big he is getting! At our 2month checkup he weighed in at 13.5pds and 23 3/4in long. He has been in a size 2 diaper for quite some time and is wearing 3-6 month clothes. I was worried about getting him on a schedule but he did it himself the week of Labor day. You can now set a clock by his feedings, 8am, 12pm, 4pm, 7pm and 930pm and then down to sleep from 10pm-8am. When I'm working he takes about 5ozs a feeding and does very well with a bottle. He loves his sleep these days. I'm not sure if he's making up for not sleeping the first 4 weeks or trying to avoid his soon to be 3 year brother. LOL! I think maybe he's just a good, happy baby. When he's awake he is very content and just smiles and coos constantly. He loves to hear Jackson's voice! I could just snuggle with him forever and I try to when a free moment strikes. I just love the way he molds into my chest and curls up those little legs underneath him. When he eats he puts one arm around my back and one on top of my breast and both are steadily kneeding. It's so sweet to see him fall asleep after eating. I think this is when I could hold him the longest. There's something so peaceful and surreal about it. Then there's this infectious smile that you could just eat up. It's one of those smiles that lights up the room! Have a mentioned how much I love this boy! I am the luckiest woman in the world.
If there is one thing I would change it would be this reflux and sleeping in a swing. The reflux is much better with the prevacid, but I really want my boy to sleep peacefully in his bed. I bought a incline positioner and I can place him on his stomach for a couple of hours, but that's it. I worry that he's getting to big and will fall out of the swing and I worry that the positioner will get messed up and block his breathing. I guess I'll always worry about them no matter what age or reason. The other issue we have is this rather annoying rash. It started around 5 weeks old and covers his entire body. It starte don his face then gradually made it's way down. It is thick, red and raised. We thought it was viral initially, then a week later at our 2 month checkup Dr. Duke said it may be contact dermaitis. We tried steriod cream, changed detergents, soaps and lotions, but it kept coming back. We went to an allergist on monday and she is having us tested for routine allergies like; milk, wheat, nuts ,etc. I'm taking him in tomorrow to get lab and we'll wait two weeks for the results. If that comes up negative then we'll see a dermatologist. I'm hoping it's just sensitive skin that will go away with time.
Did I mention how fair his skin is and that his hair seems to be an auburn color and then there's those beautiful baby blues. He looks so much like his Daddy, it's almost scary.
Now on to the "Wild Child". Jacks' is doing good! I can't beleive that he will be turning 3 yrs next week. It's hard to imagine where all the time has gone. I pray everyday for the ability to remember every little thing he does. I just keep saying , "He is so funny! Who does he really belong to? He is so sweet! He is such a toot!and He is so pretty." I swear I could go on and on about him and I know people get tried of hearing it. But gosh, He's mine and I love him so much. Here's some things he's been saying and doing:
-He leans into the wall with one arm and the other on his hip with his feet crossed and says," Well.....".
-He puts he's hands on either side of your face and says," I got to tell you something.."
-He says," I love you Moms" for no reason.
-He still sucks his fingers when he's sleepy or really thinking about something.
-We went to the Wiggles concert in August and had a blast with Charlotte and Landon. It was our first concert.
-We went to the rodeo parade in PB with Nanny and Poppy and he loved the horses and fire trucks. He even waved at the princesses and focused hard on the bands. Afterwards we ate at Chili's and he held up his menu and told the waitress that he wanted "25 Chickens, please". We ended up with pizza! LOL!
-He loves Spiderman (a.k.a. Peter Parker) and throws his webs at anybody.
-He loves playing pow pow, reading books, playing blocks ( he say's" Want to build something?") and playing dinosaurs.
-Spiderman and Dinosaurs are his fav.
- He has recently starting playing with his tool set, cars and trains more often.
- He put a gun case over his shoulder last week and asked Jason," Daddy, Do you want to go hunting with me?"
- He potty trained himself over Labor weekend. I was feeding the baby and he pulled his pants off while atching t.v. , next he pulled his pull up off and then he looked at me and said," I have to go potty, Momma." He's been in big boy underware ever since and has no problem going peepee or poopoo. We have had a problem with playing in the potty, but he now knows that he will have to sit on the baby potty if he does so and I think he got the point. This morning he got out of bed and went staright to the potty by himself and then came to our bed. We watched him the whole time and we were very impressed at our big boy.
- He loves to sit in the baby's bouncey seat.
- He loves to help us do everything.
-He has staring saying," But why?"
- He tells us what he wants for dinner. We still have a hard time getting him to eat and drink milk. He just can't slow down long enough. He loves sitting at the island to eat or in his desk inthe living room.
-He used to nap so easily from 1-3pm. Now he is rather hard to lay down.
-He loves talking on the phone. He could talk for hours and carry on a fully understandable converstation.
-He is such a people person and loves to go out and about so that he can see the world. He doesn't meet a stranger and he loves to play with other kids, esp. older ones.
- We ran into Zane and Nix the other night and instantly started swaping super heros and talking with Zane.
-He put my breast pumps up to his chest the other night and said," I'm going to make baby brother some milk o.k.! I fell out in the floor laughing.
-He loves playing outside, esp. in Daddy's boat. His imagination is never ending these days. He pretends to throw the rope or pole over and catch things. He say different fish (bass, catfish,etc..) or alligators or snakes.
- He pretends to see monsters and fights them off or tells them to stay away from me. He'll say" Mommy there's a monster and point. " Then he'll wrap his arms around my neck and say ,"I'll save you ,Mommy" . I just love it!
He is still in daycare which has been a little bit of an issue. We put him in the new school in the spring and he started out doing well. They were brand new though and have since gone throught a few teachers and he has gone through 3 new classes. We started out in a class that was too young, and b/c he acted like the "Big man on campus" we moved him up. The second class was very structured and good for his ego b/c he was the youngest. I think he needed to have older kids aroung him. He learned alot in that class. Now we are with the kids he will start kindergarten with and still trying to adjust to a new class. He seems to be the class clown and like all the attention. We have really had to work on listening and not hitting . The school is really working with us. Nanny says that he is his Daddy made over. I just hope we grow out of this behavior soon! He is so full of life and energy and I just know this little bad behavior era will end soon. I hate having to be on top of him so much. I feel like I'm going to ruin is perfect little personality. 2 year olds, Gotta love them!!! LOL!


I'm not to concerned with households chores or making myself pretty these days. I just try to enjoy my boys and keep up with everyday living enough to stay sane. Once I think I have a routine down or have everything together, I get proved wrong. I guess it's the thought that counts. LOL!

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Hi Megan!! Yes I remember you! We were Rho Chi's together!! But anyway if you want some bags let me know I will do them for $25/bag. Also if you want them let me know their names and I will put their names on the back of the bag! You can email me at jaimelott@hotmail.com