Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Christmas is over...

I can't believe how fast the holiday season has flown by. I guess watching the excitement through a child's eyes gets you so wrapped up that you look up and it's over. We have always had nice quiet Christmas' where we had time to soak it all in and this year it was more like taking in every little memory of what Jackson was doing. It may have flown by, but those moments will stay in my heart forever. There's absolutely nothing like watching a child discover the joys and traditions of the holidays. I can't wait to see what memories our future Christmas' hold with two beautiful children running around. ( Not to mention the growing number of cousins! HA!) Being a Mommy is just plain amazing and fun!!
Well, Jackson got way to many gifts to mention them all but here are a few to remember; Thomas the train table, movies, computer and books, a blue four-feeler to match Greta's pink one, Mr. Potato head, a doctor's kit, a guitar (your fav.- music man), tools-tools-tools ( also your fav.), clothes, sleeping bag and lantern and much, much more. He loved opening his gifts and everyone else's. We are now deciding how to design his "Big Boy" room with plenty of storage. A little hint for mom and dad to remember is put things together early. It took us 4+hrs on Christmas eve to put the train table together and it took you 5mins to tear it apart on Christmas morning. No sleep = big disappointment when its demolished. It's yours to do with however you please though! Ha!. Boys will be boys!! I am learning this very quickly and I also learned to nail the tracks down.
We also surprised the parents with the news of the new baby. We wanted them together, but ended up doing it separately at Christmas. I made scrapbooks of the ultrasound pics ( like I gave them with Jackson) and made it the last gift to be opened. The were just as excited about our new addition as they were with the news about Jacks. The were speachless moments and lots of screaming and hugging. It was such a nice memory to have at Christmas. Now that everyone knows, it seems so real! We are getting very excited as each week passes. I go check an ultrasound each week at work and the little bundle is so happy and content. I'm just in awe that I have another little person growing inside of me. I cant wait to really start feeling them move( I think I may have already.) I even have a little belly at 14 weeks. It just popped out all the sudden. we go on Feb. 12th to find out the sex. I'll let you know!!

No comments: