Saturday, January 24, 2009

A tribute....

This week heaven gained an extra ray of sunshine when Jason's grandmother,"Sunny" was called to heaven. She was an incredible woman whose nickname gave her personality away. She was petite with beautiful sparkling eyes and a permanent smile. From the day I met her I felt like I had known her for years. She had a way of making you feel so comfortable and loved, like my very own grandmother. I always looked forward to her visits and I am so thankful that she was down visiting after Christmas. She stayed for several days and was able to see all of her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. I know that Jason and his family will grieve her for sometime, but I hope they find peace in knowing she is with her Almightly Lord. She was a godly woman and served him well. I know that he was standing at the gates of heaven( with PeeWee and Rocky) with his arms wide spread and his heart beaming with love for her. The day of the funeral was cold with beautiful snow covered lawns and as her earthly body was laid to rest the sunshine broke through. I think this was a way of her spreading her love over her family. I will think of her always on those beautiful warm "Sunny" days. Rest in peace and God bless those you left behind in that they may also find peace in your memory.

No comments: